0102 - Looking back at 2010

Well, before I write the rest of the contents let me tell you that I am not the sort of person who makes new year resolutions (though there are lot of opportunities for me). This post is just a retrospect on my 2010 experiences.

Professionally 2010 had been quiete hectic for me with my late night shifts - though it helped me shed some unwanted fat and reduced my body weight, I caught up with acidity problems due to my irregular eating habits. For those who think that acidity is just a matter of burps and uneasiness, let me warn you that its too dangerous than what you imagine.

Personally I started concentrating on my finances and expenses in 2010. I started tracking my monthly expenses in an excel sheet. I am not a spend thrift or a squanderer yet I don’t spend wisely sometimes. One of the key mantras that I learnt by reading finance magazines is that ‘you should always have an emergency fund saved that will take care of your 3 months expense wihout compromising on your life style’, so to save it you need to know what’s your expense threshold.

and ofcourse my DSLR experiments and recent addition - tripod to my camera kit.

I should say that my musical sense went into a respite after my college days, I resurrected my palate listening to beethovens'. You gotta listen to it, sometimes i wonder if Illayaraja got inspired by Beethoven and Ennio morricone (king of spaghetti western music). I don't doubt that Illayaraja is the meastro but certain beethoven's piece seem to remind our maestro's work. well, could be that great minds think alike :-)

Books in 2010

Of all the books I read in 2010 I can only remember the below
Thousand splendid suns
Palace of Illusions
Connect the Dots
Immortals of Meluah

Movies in 2010

I spent most of my time watching movies last year compared to the time I spent on books. Few that Impressed me (those that i watched and not necessarily released in 2010)

Avatar
Inception
Orphan
Rashomon
Peepli Live(Hindi)
Lahore(Hindi)
Mandhira Punngai (Tamil)
Leader (Telugu)

If at all some one asks me if i have any resolution or something in my mind for 2011, I would say that I have particularly planned to try a list of the eat outs and restaurants in chennai. I keep hearing few names “little Italy, barbecue nation, tuscany……”, Recently I had been to Mainland China in Chennai for the first time thats when i realised that i should check out more of the city restaurants rather than dwelling in the ECRs.

And finally Wishing you all a Joyfull and Peacefull 2011! :-)

Comments

  1. hey, ur blog is short and crisp and i support your new year's so called "resolution or comething"!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyyy yaa LEADER is an awesome telugu movie... i am impressed too.. good write up and keep going !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kerala Travelogue

Singapore Blues